Have our electricians call you
Enter your name and number and we will get back to you within 10 minutes.
Typical appliances tested
- Extension Leads
- Fax Machines
- Any other portable appliance under 18kg
Welcome to PAT Testing 24/7
With qualified and safety approved electricians available for pat testing 24/7, all domestic and commercial electrical testing can be carried out at a time that suits you best. We realise that the working hours of 9-5pm is not always convenient for portable appliance testing and in many cases an electrical tester is needed that same day. Our 24/7 electrical services are second to none, providing competitive local prices anywhere in the U.K.
What does PAT testing involve?
When our experienced 24/7 PAT testing contractor arrives, he or she will ask if you have any current electrical faults. Before testing the portable appliances we carry out a visual electrical inspection:
- Damaged wiring
- Damaged or faulty plug sockets
- Damaged appliances such as overheating, burn marks or the appliance not turning on/off correctly
Once we have carried out the visual safety inspection, we then test your equipment with the latest portable appliance testing equipment. The test includes:
- Insulation testing
- Functionally test (making sure the appliance runs correctly and has no problems)
After all of the tests have been carried out, you will be provided with a certificate of the results that have been found.
Reasons to PAT test
PAT (portable appliance testing) should be carried out on any item which has an electrical lead and plug and is designed to be unplugged to use in different locations. There are many reasons to PAT test. If you are in charge of a business and you have multiple computers and other electrical components used on a daily basis it is in your best interest to test all appliances.
Electrical appliances can cause fires and the risk of this happening is greatly reduced by regular PAT testing. It has been stated that 1000 accidents due to electrical faults have been reported every year, while some have been fatal.
Electrical appliances are tested:
- Where appliances are used by employees.
- Where the public may use appliances in establishments such as hospitals, schools, hotels, shops etc.
- Where appliances are supplied or hired.
- Where appliances are repaired or serviced.